Massage Therapy improves muscle function through the manipulation of soft tissue and joints of the body for therapeutic purposes to promote healing of injuries, preventative care, maintenance and relaxation.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Increased circulation which will can help promote and shorten healing time
- Increased relaxation due to the release of natural hormones that lower stress and anxiety
- Improved digestion, an increase in range of motion, flexibility and strength.
Athletes and Sports Injuries
Athletes generally have a healthy lifestyle and healthy tissue, however injury can still occur. Having regular massage therapy during your training will help to flush any metabolic waste by increasing circulation. Treatment will also prevent restrictions from forming that can cause decreased range of motion and optimal strength.
Conditions and Injuries
Many soft tissue injuries are treatable with massage therapy. Some of the more common are:
- Soft tissue injury related to whiplash
- Sport injuries/prevention
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Frozen shoulder
- Repetitive sprain/strain (ie. tendonitis)
- Soft tissue contractures
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Temporal mandibular joint dysfunction
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Anxiety, stress and depression
If you are in Barrie looking for massage services, request an appointment from COMPHYSIO + Performance Wellness. Our Barrie physiotherapists are happy to discuss our massage service with you and how it will benefit your physical performance. Your sport is important to you – we want to help get you back in the game!